Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More Magoo


Well, the heat is very disturbing - but my veggie garden is holding its own...I am ready to dig up some red potatoes to enjoy over Independence Day weekend with the family. I planted them late, i think the rule of thumb is to have them in by St Paddy's Day (March 15th), but i waited til Uncle Sam's Day (April 15th) to plant my veggie garden. I had to do my homework (taxes) before I could go out and play (plant my garden) and it worked out well, cause i missed some cold snaps that others experienced. I went ahead and added some dino dirt around the veggies today to give them a little boost, I dont fertilize except in the Spring, but about now they need some help to get thru this heat. Tomorrow in the cool of the day (about 6am) I will make some repairs to my soaker hose, a hole popped right in the middle of the potatoes and I need to fix one of the ends that has a bit of a leak...I wonder if there isnt a soaker hose nymph that comes in the middle of the night and plays with the hoses...amazing how these leaks appear. I havebunches of tomatoes, a couple of peppers, but the squash, cucumbers and egg plant just have blooms, no fruit set yet -

No comments:

Post a Comment